Closing the urban water cycles and simultaneously creating a strong link to the nutrients cycle
At CNP we care for the environment and sustainable natural balance. The N and P in our name stand for Nitrogen and Phosphorus. As important nutrients, they are one of the most valuable elements for the living organisms. However, when in wastewater, they cause environmental problems and high operational treatment costs. By using our resource-efficient processes, we remove N and P from wastewater and partially or even almost fully recover them out of the sewage sludge as a valuable nutrient resource.
UN’s Conference on Sustainable Development (RIO+20) Nutrients Efficiency and Recovery: One of the goals – gradual increase in the volume of fertiliser produced from recovered nitrogen (and phosphorus); this diversification of sources for fertiliser raw materials helps to moderate fertiliser prices and their volatility, enhancing global food security.
- Sludge liquor
- Energy savings of the treatment plant
- Energy savings in fertilizer production
- Prevention of ammonia chargeback
- AirPrex® P-Recovery (Struvite)
- CalPrex™ P-Recovery (Brushite)
- Sludge disposal costs reduction
- Reduction of chemicals (polymer/precipitants)
- Phosphorus recycle load reduction in Bio-P
- Maintenance costs reduction
- Increased revenue from fertilizer reselling
- Short investments payback